Sticker Swapping: Why Exchanging Stickers Is Fun and Good for Business
If you haven’t heard of sticker swapping, you can easily draw parallels back to your youth of trading cards. A sticker swap is a simple exchange of branded stickers. It’s a popular exercise for small businesses, woodworkers, or groups. Where does it happen? Instagram is the most used channel. So, how do you get into sticker swapping, and why is it a good move for brands?
To Swap, You Need Stickers!
The first necessity in becoming a sticker swapper is to have your own stickers. They can have any type of design and be any shape—circle, square, rectangle, oval, or die cut. Die cut stickers can be any unique shape, so they are very popular for logos. Your stickers will have the most impact with swaps if they include your company name. Adding your website address or social handles can be a good addition as well.
- You’ll want to use a reputable professional sticker company to produce your labels. By doing so, you’ll ensure a few key things that will ensure your stickers stay stuck:
- They use high-quality 3M vinyl that has 3.2-mil thick block out bubble free adhesive. This ensures they will adhere and be removable with no residue left behind.
- Vinyl stickers also have a UV layer laminate that’s 3.2-mil thick, which can be Gloss or Matte. This protective film keeps the colors from fading and makes them scratch-resistant.
- Your stickers will also be waterproof and weatherproof, so they can stand up to the elements or simply survive the dishwasher.
- Vinyl sticker ink is also important. We use the Epson 3M UltraChrome GS3, which stays rich and vibrant no matter the exposure.
Once you have your own stickers, it’s time to swap!
Becoming Part of the Sticker Swap Community
As noted, swapping is big on Instagram. Check out our stories with swappers. Use your Instagram profile as a way to connect with other businesses or groups. They don’t have to be in the same category as you. You send a message asking for a swap. Then get the details of where to send your stickers.
It can be fun and exciting to interact with others in a positive way on social media. Not only are you’re exchanging stickers, but you’re also making a connection that could benefit both businesses.
How Can You Display Your Sticker Swaps?
There are many ways to display sticker collections. It’s entirely up to you. If you have a physical place of business, you might want to dedicate some wall space to this. If not, then you can put them on any surface.
Other ways to show these off include DIY projects by repurposing old furniture, frames, or broken mirrors. Your imagination is your only limitation.
No matter where you display them, you should take pictures every time you add one. Then you can post that to your Instagram and keep the swapping going.
Why Swap Stickers?
So, why do people and businesses sticker swap? Some just love collecting stickers from others in their trade or profession. But there’s more to it than just having fun. Trading stickers can actually have business value. The swapping on Instagram may get you noticed by those who need your company’s services. The same is true for people seeing your stickers in physical spaces.
The swapping exercise could also turn into a partnership with other businesses for referrals or co-branded projects. One simple connection and both parties can reap the benefits!
Get Sticker Swapping with Stickerbeat
As professional sticker makers, we love all the creative ways our customers and community swap stickers. If you want fast, affordable, high-quality stickers to represent your business or group, you can count on the experts at Stickerbeat. Be sure to follow us on Instagram for sticker swap stories. Start shopping today.